A very large lawyer specific web marketing company (You can guess whom I speaking of) is touting the effectiveness of creating a video of a lawyer(s) and placing this video on the attorney website. At first I was little skeptical of this a few years ago. However, with the onslaught of Youtube and specific video search engines, I believe that having a video on a website is worth looking into. Here are some of the compelling reasons to have a video:
1. A visitor can feel like they have "met" the lawyer before even walking to an office. This will allow some visitors to stop looking and start contacting you.
2. A law firm will stand out from other sites that do not have video. In today's crowded websphere, anything to stand out will help lawyers get the clients they are looking for.
3. An attorney can convey a message of what they are experts in better than just text. This communicates quickly with video. Users don't read websites as much as scan websites.
4. Google is showing videos in search results
5. Videos specific search engines are becoming more popular as Flickr did with images
If you do decide to go down the video path here are some recommendations:
1. Get a professional and experience video production company that specializes in video for the internet
2. Make sure that your video does not violate any of your state bar rules on advertising
3. Double check the output, and make sure it is exactly what you want
4. Be prepared to spend a good amount of money. You get what you pay for and this is not something to try and do on the cheap.